The City of Burlington Fire Department is accepting applications for Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (A-EMT). This position will serve as an Associate Member of the Burlington Rescue Squad, and will support services under the terms and provisions of the City’s First Amendment to the Agreement for Rescue Squad Services with Burlington Rescue Squad. The position will end December 31, 2019, unless otherwise terminated under the conditions of the Agreement.
This non-exempt position is “at-will”, and will be considered temporary part time without benefits; the hourly rate for this position is $13.00 per hour.
Friday : 1600hrs – 2200hrs
Saturday : 1000hrs – 2200hrs
Sunday : 1000hrs – 2200hrs
The primary duty of the A-EMT is to protect life by providing emergency response and/or medical treatment. This individual will respond to all emergency medical calls as well as provide medical transport. In addition, this position will also maintain emergency medical equipment, apparatus, and facilities.
- Be eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- High school diploma or GED;
- Current State of Wisconsin Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (A-EMT);
- Must possess a valid Wisconsin Driver License with a satisfactory driving record;
- Be legally eligible to be employed in the United States;
- Meet insurability requirements of the City’s insurance carrier;
- Ability to participate in required City of Burlington EMS, Rescue Squad trainings;
- Ability to keep current on mandatory quarterly Aurora EMS packets and Medical Director trainings;
- Possess the ability to perform all required duties of the position;
- Must pass a law enforcement and criminal background check, a pre-employment fitness for duty physical and drug screen;
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
The City of Burlington is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit applications to:
City of Burlington Human Resources
Attention: Jason Corbin
300 North Pine Street
Burlington, WI 53105